Metal Gear Solid: Fapping Metal Gear Solid: Fapping

Far too short.

Good Points:
The graphics and the animation were very neat and of a good quality, it made me question why it had such a low score. The audio was clean and the voice acting suited the character and scenario perfectly. The colour was good and consistent which really captured the element of your typical Metal Gear Flash.

Bad Points:
As the title of the review tells you, it was far too short, the introduction/menu really had me thinking this was going to be a good flash; it mislead me. I accept that it was a small joke and the shortness was imperative the humour, I just feel that the animation showed potential for something far better. The originality of the flash also affected my rating, as this has been done many times before.

Overall:
It wasn't bad, it just could have been better. Regardless, I think it was a solid effort and reckon it was decent. Well done!

{ Review Request Club }

Jacco responds:

Thank you so much for giving me this review. It realy helps me getting better!

Thomas the elf Thomas the elf

Oh how I loved this flash...

Good Points:
This humor was excellent, I love how you portrayed the elf and how he ended up. The animation was smooth and fine, the art was clean and original on your part. It seemed to me like a plot of a movie over in a minute and a half, which I seemed hilarious, I especially loved the part at the end with Santa, didn't see that coming, nor did I see the elf joining in. The music was great, I can see why you didn't need any voice talents, it would have ruined the protagonist aspect of the main elf.

Bad Points:
I think you could have made it longer because it didn't seem to me like it was a 'short and sweet' flash, I felt you were just lacking time or something, I think you could have delved into the north pole section more, perhaps if he explored the workshop and came across more things he didn't expect, like weird reindeer or something.

Overall:
I very much loved this flash, but there is definite room for improvement. Good work mate =3

peixeaquatico responds:

Thanks dude

Orange Adventure Xmas Orange Adventure Xmas

Pretty cool =3

Good Points:
Definitely improving, because I've been watching your animations over the past few months and your style of animation was original yet sketchy at best, but I love how you are combining filters and photoshop to create a great mix of art and your overall abilities to animate are improving substantially. Nice funny moment at the end with the Santa Claus and the 1UP mushroom, made me chuckle. I can tell you have actually played Castle Crashers considering you based the animation around an actual level in the game, it gave me a sense of familiarness that made this flash make a lot more sense.

Bad Points:
In terms of improvement, I think you should concentrate mainly on anatomy, because there were moments were I thought to myself "That arm looks wrong.." or "His leg is very poorly drawn." I also think you shouldn't have recycled certain symbols, mainly the snow enemies, I think it would have looked better if the enemies were bigger in quantity because let's face it, it's always fun to see something differ greatly from the norm.

Overall:
Great animation, I really like your style. Good work.

Hulalaoo responds:

i just start to learn anatomy and draw in a small school of art this day, is a day for reborn :3

Whiny the pooh Whiny the pooh

This is what reality tastes like...

Good Points:
The level of realism based upon a fictional book almost astounded me, of course a bear would act like this, especially a talking bear. I felt this conveyed a stereotypical human male, but instead of beer, it was honey. Neat animation and an almost flawless portrayal of lower-class modern bears in surburban fictional woods.

Bad Points:
The credits were longer than the actual animation, were credits really even needed? No, I answered it for you. I know this shouldn't have been any longer than it should have been, the initial animation that is, but perhaps you could have spent more time putting more effort into the background or the bear, perhaps shading and inclusion of more characters.

Overall:
Tasty, tasty animation. I hope you take this concept and decide to build upon it in the future.

I love the HALO World I love the HALO World

Highly cool.

Good Points:
It's one of the ideas that you really makes you wish you thought of it, because it's pretty damn original I must say. Awesome tune to go along to, short and sweet, combine that with Halo and oh my, delicious. The pre-loader animation and the introduction was cool, I also like how you took images from Halo CE and photoshopped them to look artistic, it wouldn't looked as good or gone aswell if you drew the backgrounds yourself. Smooth animations and good job portraying the Halo equivalent to the moments in the 'Boom De Ya Da' video.

Bad Points:
I felt you started to slip towards the end in creativity so there is definite room for improvement, perhaps if you added something else to the credits, maybe a small animation of fake bloopers, I think that would go well considering the events you included in the animation.

Overall:
Very good and catchy, hard to find faults, short and sweet.

Greenfrost6 responds:

Thanks for the detailed review. :)

the Last of the Dashkin the Last of the Dashkin

Amazing :D

Just want to say before I start.. 4 WEEKS? You are a machine, sure you didn't have the whole staff of Disney behind you while making this?

Good Points:
Well, it's amazing how much you have improved in the last 2 years, I had forgotten how long its been since Waterlollies, doesn't seem that long ago it was on the front page. You have added so much more detail, along with so much more colour, you have really explored your own boundaries and the Brackenwood universe. So fluent too, you may have had moments where Biteys movements were a little chalkey, but it was still impressive how well everything fell so in sync, I found myself looking more so at the environments.

Bad Points:
However, It felt short in comparison to the last installment which was disappointing. You may have answered all my questions, but you presented sooo many more, that it was a shame none of the new questions were answered. The story may have developed, but the cliffhanger really made me question why you hadn't just buckled down for another 4 weeks and delved into the story a little more.

Overall:
Fantastic story, fantastic art, fantastic music and narrator. It's very unforutnate that you couldn't make it longer and ultimately, make a perfect flash.

chluaid responds:

Sure I asked a lot of new questions and didn't answer them.... because this is half of a story! It's very tough to stay motivated through a sustained 4 weeks of 18-30 hour days. I was buckled down so tight it hurt.

I wasn't going to "buckle down for another 4 weeks" for anyone, so in order to A- preserve my sanity and B- keep 2009 from passing by without a Brackenwood release, I split the story at an exciting point. Yes a cliffhanger. Just like I did with hitchHiker 1 & 2, just like I did with littleFoot-Yuyu. Nobody complained about the 'to be continued' then. A cliffhanger was once an acceptable way of splitting a large project. Those were the days huh?

Pleasure Island 2 Pleasure Island 2

"WHERES THE WALRUS PITT?"

Good Points:
The animation is so smooth and fluid, the colours are a nice light shade of a range of colours and you're style is quite unique. I like how it made no sense, had no plot and no point whatsoever, all you know is that it's pleasure island, anything can happen. You could say it's quite surial.

Bad Points:
It's quite short to be honest, perhaps a few more scenes would have really made this a fantastic flash, maybe finishing the episode on a cliffhanger, so the next episode can be plot related. I think it needed more dialogue, maybe some more scenes before he runs into the arena? Those are some suggested improvements.

Overall:
Fantastic flash, very funny. If it was longer, i'd grade it an A+

Slappy Does Drugz Slappy Does Drugz

Interesting...

Good Points:
The art style was pretty cool and I liked the constant changing of colours, without the effects of epilepsy. In some sense, good little loop to use in anti-drug presentations, kinda of. The inclusion of music wasn't neccessary, but I'm glad you added it because it added humour.

Bad Points:
Pretty pointless, it's just a recurring loop and shows very little effort put towards it, for a minute there I thought this was a Davidzx flash, but then realised the art wasn't recycled symbols.

Overall:
Pretty bad to be honest, try animation the guy's face next time, maybe another keyframe?

tehslaphappy responds:

Yeah, I could have animated his face, but what can you do? This was basically a 30 minute effort. Mostly done for the lulz. Thanks anyways Lee.

The 5 Hour Collab IV The 5 Hour Collab IV

Great collab guys.

Good Points:
I liked the wide range of styles is what you generally get with all collabs, but thats why I enjoy watching them. The pre-loader and menu was quality stuff, introduction to a flash is always important so people don't immediately dismiss it with bad comments. I loved the result, despite people getting over time on their parts, I guess it was necessary so the quality was of a higher quality.

Bad Points:
More parts would have been nice, but not many people are willing to work 5 hours straight, I know I was skeptical at first.

Overall:
Really good collab, great quality despite the time limit and thats what makes these collabs and the artists stand out.

Retarded Animal Babies 21 Retarded Animal Babies 21

Brilliance

Good Points:
I liked the use of other animals, likes bears etc. It added a lot more variety to the series. I see you didn't skip on the filth, excellent stuff it's hilarious everytime. A lot more scenes I see have been drawn this time round, considering you usually draw the same type of background (forest, tree's, countryside landscape), its a nice chance.

Bad Points:
I honestly can't really think of anything, perhaps making it longer next time round.

Overall:
Great addition to the series, can't believe you made another addition to my favourite flash series on NG, considering I thought you were done with it.
Good job!